Friday, April 19, 2013

Acharya Karunamaya Saraswati


My father's Guru Acharya Karunamaya Saraswati, a tantrik siddha and Guruma. After such a long time I got this photo and uploading it. I have seen many miracles in his presence and understood what is mantra shakti. I was really lucky to get a channce to be at his feet. He had no ashram or matha, never accepted money from anybody with bad intentions. Unlike present day saints, he was completely against any type of publicity. That is why not many people knew about him. But the book "fifty one saints of india" by Bimal Kumar Banerjee had a narration of the life. Probably the book is now out of print and not available.

Earlier he was in Dhaka (presently in Bangadesh) and shifted to Kolkata after partition. His then close diciples used to narrate many miracle stories about him, while in Dhaka - which were difficult to believe with our limited sense. I have seen a huge library at his house, containing original vedas, shashtras, upanishads and what not. He used to remembers evetrything of every book including page numbers a line numbers. Such was the power of his memory. I heard that He was president of Kumbhamala while he was only 20 years old. It is said that Swami Vivekanda also had this power. It was also said that he was the Guru of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.

I still remember, when I was very young -went to Tarapith (one of the main tantrik pithastahan near Rampurhath of West Bengal, graced by the presence of sadhak Bamakhsepa) with my parents. The head priest of Tarapith was knowing about him. Those who know about Tarapith also know that the main stone idol of Ma Tara is hidden from public and covered by a mask and cloths. Ma Tara of Tarapith which is for public view is like this as shown in the photo. But when the head priest heard that my father was initiated by Acharya Karunamaya Saraswati, he immediately closed the temple door, took us inside, removed all covers over the main idol and asked us to perform puja of the same.


Acharya Karunamaya Saraswati left for his heavenly abode in 1977.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir
    Could you Pl advice me of any good tantric if you know. I am visiting Tarapith soon and need some personal consultation as I am passing through a very bad phase of my life. My e mail id sjgh01@gmail.com.
    Kind Regds
    Subhrajoti Ghosh

    ReplyDelete